Menu Close Menu

Forum

Chat Is Back Online - Chat Update 4.0.2 / Chat Bugs & User Support / Adult Trans Form

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-17 21:16:48

serviceman
Administrator

Chat Is Back Online - Chat Update 4.0.2

SORRY FOR THE INTERRUPTION: During a chat software upgrade we experienced a database corruption. The chat and social media features are back online now, however, you may notice some themed chat rooms are missing. We ask that you notify us if you notice favorite chat rooms that need to be restored. Additionally, please be advised that private chats and ignores were lost. We apologize for this inconvenience and understand that it is not an ideal situation. You can use the search feature inside the chat window to locate your friends and resume messaging. You will not find them in the search until they log into chat for the first time.

While problematic, this upgrade is a much needed update to the old database files which had become bloated and bogged down. We expect this upgrade to be very stable for our continuing growth. If you have any problems getting into chat we recommend that you clear cache and then retry.

Hope to see you in chat.

Serviceman

#2 2021-10-18 11:23:12

SassyCheyene71

Re: Chat Is Back Online - Chat Update 4.0.2

Hello Serviceman,

I just logged onto my account and I went to the lobby chat room, but none of my friends are there where they used to be and I was wondering if you can please fix that problem, sir? I hope to hear back from you soon.

Sincerely,
Cheyene

#3 2021-10-18 20:32:57

Soraya

Hi, Serviceman!
The chatroom won't load. All I see is a dark screen with a box.
Is there any solution to this problem?
I already tried clearing the cache multiple times.
Thank you in advance.

#4 2021-10-18 20:53:19

Krystinanoelle2

Soraya wrote:

Hi, Serviceman!
The chatroom won't load. All I see is a dark screen with a box.
Is there any solution to this problem?
I already tried clearing the cache multiple times.
Thank you in advance.

That's all I see as well

#5 2021-10-18 21:11:54

JackieBee

I can’t log on , more problems tonight?

#6 2021-10-18 22:38:10

sylvester9000

i am having troubles getting in chat i keep getting a 404 error

#7 2021-10-19 03:46:48

serviceman
Administrator

It looks like we had a hacker think it was cure to delete all the chat databases while I was securing the database server. Unfortunately the database is not recoverable so I am reinstalling everything. Down time should be no more than an hour or so. If down time is longer than expected I'll post an update here.

The best part is, he was holding the database for ransom and wanted money for me to get it back. I'm sorry, but I'm not paying to get it back, and even if I did it would likely be full of more holes so the hacker can get back into the system. I have locked the system down by IP, so unless the IP is one of my servers, or my personal computer, there is no getting in to the server. I have saved all my work from when I just launched the chat yesterday, so it wouldn't take too long to get everything back up and running.

This allows me to apply a small patch that was released last night anyway.

#8 2021-10-20 08:22:48

Frances

Hello service man any update yet on uploading images for members using their iPhone. during the previous upgrade we’ve had the same issue but eventually it was resolved thank you so much for your help and efforts.

Last edited by Frances (2021-10-20 08:23:35)